Farmlab Seeks Public Programs Intern
Position: Public Programs Intern
Hours per week: 20
Length of project: Ongoing
Internship: Paid/For Credit
Schedule: Flexible, but availability to attend meetings Wednesdays and some Friday lectures (noon) is highly desirable.
The intern will work closely with the Public Programs Coordinator and other members of the Farmlab team and will assist with various aspects of program development, including publications, evening and weekend salons and productions, and special projects. Working environment is friendly and casual, though also very active and dynamic.
Tasks include: organizing texts and images for print production; keeping track of production schedules and media deadlines; assist with development and production of salon and production events; scheduling meetings; light correspondence; general administrative and production assistance.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong computer skills, including Internet research
• Ability to synthesize complex topics to create succinct summaries
• Ability to multi-task and juggle shifting priorities
• Ability to contribute collaboratively in a dynamic environment
• Self-motivated and directed, with strong organizational skills
• Professional/Academic experience in contemporary art history or studio practice
• Graduate students preferred
• Experience working in an art museum or gallery
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and cut-and-pasted resume -- no attachments! -- to this address: info [at] farmlab [dot] org. Type "Public Programs Intern" in the subject line of the e-mail.
Or send cover letter and resume to our near-downtown warehouse snail mail address: Farmlab / Not A Cornfield, Attn: Public Programs Intern," 1745 N. Spring Street #4, LA, CA 90012.