Farmlab Seeks Communications Intern
Position: Communications/PR Intern
Hours per week: 20
Length of project: 2 months, July-August (possibly longer)
Internship: Paid/For Credit
Schedule: Flexible, but availability to attend Wednesday meetings and some Friday lectures (noon) is highly desirable.
The intern will work closely with the Communications Director and other members of the Farmlab team. The intern’s primary responsibilities will be:
• The promotion of Farmlab/ Under Spring events
• Increasing Farmlab’s presence in new media venues such as MySpace, Second Life and YouTube
• Tracking and scrap-booking media interest in Farmlab / Under Spring / Not A Cornfield projects
• Public distribution of postcards promoting various Farmlab/ Under Spring programs and exhibitions
• Helping maintain our database of professional contacts and mailing lists
• Strong research and writing skills
• Experience in using a variety of electronic databases
• Ability to synthesize complex topics to create succinct summaries
• Ability to work independently, multi-task and juggle shifting priorities
• Ability to contribute collaboratively in a dynamic environment
• Professional/Academic experience in one or more of the following: Journalism/Communications, Urban Planning/Policy, Land Use, Sustainability, Social/Environmental Justice, Art, Architecture/Design, Urban Agriculture/Food Issues, Alternative Energy
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and cut-and-pasted resume -- no attachments! -- to this address: info [at] farmlab [dot] org. Type "Communications Intern" in the subject line of the e-mail.
Or send cover letter and resume to our near-downtown warehouse snail mail address: Farmlab / Not A Cornfield, Attn: Communications Intern," 1745 N. Spring Street #4, LA, CA 90012.